Youth Skills Connection
Get paid to Learn! In class and work experience.
Are you job ready and looking to gain employability skills and work experience?
Youth Skills Connection is a Skills Link project that assists job ready youth that are facing barriers to employment gain employability skills and a paid work experience to prepare participants for future work or career decisions, and/or assist them with seeking, obtaining and maintaining employment. Youth Skills Connection has an in class session before the work experience offering young people the opportunity to participate in workshops to learn or enhance skills transferable to the workplace, such as leadership, teamwork and communication skills.
To participate in Youth Skills Connection, youth must be:
- between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at the time of intake/selection
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
- in need of assistance to overcome employment barriers
- not currently in school or working full-time
Thank you for your interest in the Youth Skills Connection program. Due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Our next intake dates are: November 5, 2018, February 25, 2018 and June 17, 2018.
If you have any questions please contact Jill Nikiforuk at email@example.com