Let Us Help You
Need a professional resume? Help with your job search? Require advice about a career change?
Career Connection is a career and employment resource centre that helps individuals achieve their career goals. The following career and employment services are available at no cost:
Access short-term, one-to-one, career coaching
Book an appointment with Career Connection Reception then register and meet with a coach to assess your eligibility for short-term, one-to-one, career coaching.
- Resume and cover letter critique
- Mock interview practice
- Referrals to other community services and resources
- Win Way Resume demonstration (electronic resume template)
- Exposure Course information and eligibility assessment (if you have an offer of employment letter, you may be eligible for course tuition up to $2,500) – fill employment skills gaps
Access in-depth, one-to-one, career coaching
Book an appointment with Career Connection Reception to assess your eligibility to have the fee waived for a basic or education IQAS assessment. (International Qualifications Assessment Services)
Book an appointment with Career Connection Reception to meet with a coach to assess your eligibility for in-depth career coaching.
- Research the labour market and identify attainable job targets
- Develop a targeted resume and cover letter
- Prepare for the interview
- Build your network
- Develop and implement effective job search strategies
- Assess your interests, skills, values, personality, and work culture preferences
- Engage in occupational and labour market research
- Make a career decision
- Determine education and training prerequisites
- Research educational institutions and funding options
- Develop and implement an action plan