Hire a Participant - Receive a subsidy!
We need employers like you to join our Youth Skills Connection Program.
What is Youth Skills Connection?
- Bow Valley College’s Youth Skills Connection program exists to support young people aged 15-30 who experience barriers to employment to develop the key skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the competitive job market, and to achieve their career ambitions.
- Youth Skills Connection is a 16-week professional development program funded by Service Canada, which includes an 8-week paid work experience, and an intensive 8-week paid employment workshop comprising of career planning, one-to-one coaching, job search and employability skill development training.
- Hosting a Youth Skills Connection Program participant for a 8 week placement affords you a cost-effective and simple way of finding motivated and personable colleagues who are there to make a difference to your organization whilst learning on the job.
How can my organization benefit?
- Wage subsidy - Receive a $15.00/hr wage subsidy for hiring a candidate for 8 weeks.
- Screened candidate - Work with a candidate who has demonstrated high levels of commitment and potential in our extensive recruitment process and intensive employability program.
- Personalized support from your dedicated Placement Officer - Receive tailored support throughout the whole process; from designing a suitable work placement, to on-going check-ins and consultations.
- No-fee hiring post-placement - Hire your Youth Skills Intern full time after their placement.
How can my company get involved?
We have significant experience establishing excellent placements and creating long term partnerships with businesses. Contact our Coordinator, Jill Nikiforuk to find out how you can join the program.