Connections to the Workplace
What is Connections to the Workplace?
Connections to the Workplace is a Youth Employment Strategy that focuses on connecting Calgary employers with young talent. The best part? This program matches employers with the right candidate and offers a great wage subsidy.
Program at a Glance
- A government funded 12 week paid work experience program.
- A wage subsidy of $13.40 per hour paid to you, the employer.
- Employer contributes an additional $5.00 per hour + employment related costs (EI, CPP, Vacation pay)
What kind of Candidates will you find?
- Skilled candidates that will be an asset to your company.
- Hand-selected post-secondary grads.
- Motivated candidates that are eager for experience.
- Candidates that fit the company culture.
Benefits to you, the Employer
- Receive a wage subsidy of $13.40 per hour for the candidate.
- Shortened recruitment process: we do the pre-screening interviews with participants to find the best fit for the employer’s team.
- You can hire the candidate directly out of the program.
- Receive support from the Project Officer with monthly check-ins to ensure everything is going smoothly.
- Gain an eager, dedicated candidate.
- Low training cost and low-risk hiring.
How it Works
- Employers contribute an additional $5.00 dollars per hour over the subsidized $13.40 plus Mandatory Employment Related Costs (EI, CPP, Vacation pay).
- Work week for participants is ideally full-time based on 30+ hours per week.
- A contract would be set up between the employer and Bow Valley College.
- Wages would be paid in full by the employer initially then reimbursed by Bow Valley College.
- Employers invoice Bow Valley